With twenty-seven years of print, television and web-media marketing experience, I now find myself ready to use the skills I have acquired to be a successful member of any digital media team.
Skills & Abilities:
Tactics and execution • community management • strong grasp of how content works on a social web • optimizing content and technology • creative mindset • journalist-level writing • strong analytical skills • ability to manage and combine data • knowledge of all web content management systems • php • xml • html5 • java • ajax
Producer (On Contract), Tribune Media Corporate
Dean Wall, Director of Corporate Communications
5/2010 – 10/2018
• Provided production assistance on contract via remote.
• Split Tribune Publishing from the broadcast arm of the company and re-launched as Tribune media.
• Complete redesign of the corporate website.
• Worked on WGN America site to promote new shows and feature press coverage.
Digital Media Manager, Tribune Media
Q13 FOX – KMYQ MYQ2 – Portland’s CW – Seattle, WA.
4/2001 – 12/2008
• Coordinated with five departments
• Analyzed traffic reports (Omniture SiteCatalyst).
• Worked within guidelines of promotional agreements and contracts to create online content for network TV shows.
• Managed and programmed branded video content and sales ad inventory resulting in increased traffic and strong sales results.
• Created unique online and mobile editorial content for myriad audiences including lifestyle, entertainment, TV, fashion, health, sports, food, technology, news, traffic and weather.
Producer, Tribune Media
KTLA 5 Hollywood – Los Angeles, CA.
12/2000 – 4/2001
• Responsible for daily production of AM news video to website including celebrity interviews.
• Facilitated Academy Awards & GRAMMY web coverage with LA Times Newspaper.
Producer, Tribune Media
KDAF WB33, Dallas, TX.
5/2000 – 12/2000
• Produced local news and network web content.
• Enhanced existing layout/design to improve web/broadcast viewership.
• Facilitated movie premiere and contest giveaways.
• Implemented community and employment sections to the station website.
Producer/Project Manager, Lee Enterprises
KOIN-TV – Portland, OR.
1997 – 1998
• Served as key player in launch and operation of station website.
• Integrated traditional on-air material with digital media to create dynamic site content.
• Prepared computer assisted reporting training for all newsrooms staff.
• Orchestrated real-time elections coverage.
References Available on Request